Serves: 4 to 5 people
Heat 6tsp of sunflower oil in wok like pan, add cumin seeds and aubergines, shallow fry them until half cooked.
In another non stick pan, heat 3tsp of oil, add the chopped garlic and cook for a minute.
Add chopped onions and cook until brown 8-10 minutes.
Add the green chillies, tomatoes, dill and mix well, cook another 2-3 minutes, add rest of the spices and salt.
When the oil start separating add the cream and cook the sauce on low heat for 2-3 minutes.
Add the half cooked aubergines and cook for 5 minutes on low heat, stirring occasionally.
Once cooked leave to rest before serving with chapatis.
- 15 Small aubergines, partially sliced into halves
- 2 Large white onions, chopped finely
- 100g Dill, chopped
- 4 Garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 Green chillies, chopped
- 2 Fresh tomatoes, chopped
- 200g Single cream
- 2tsp Coriander powder
- 1tsp Turmeric powder
- 1tsp Cumin seeds
- 3tsp Oil for cooking the onions
- 6tsp Sunflower oil to shallow fry the aubergines
- Salt to taste